Are you tired of using those boring brown paper bags and want to create something that you like? Making a sturdy decorative paper bag at home is very easy. You would need a few basic things and the process is quite easy too. This is a fun cost-saving process, which would give you a customized paper bag, something that you would absolutely love.
What Would You Need?
- A sturdy craft paper of the color of your choice. You can use wrapping paper or newspaper, but that would be for a delicate paper bag.
- Glue, glue stick, or clear tape.
- A pair of scissors
- A ruler
- Decorations (according to your preference)
- Art supplies (optional)
- To make your custom paper bags, first cut your paper to 9.5 x 15 inches.
- Now put the paper on a flat surface and place it in landscape orientation (long sides up and down, while the short sides would be on the left and right).
- Measure 2 inches from the bottom edge of the paper, and fold and sharply crease it according to the measurement. Once done, unfold it. This area would be the bottom of your paper bag.
- Now, fold all the sides into place, and while doing so, always ensure to maintain the landscape orientation of the paper. Correctly marking and folding the paper is very important as it would determine the shape of your bag. If you make a mistake in that, it would make your custom paper bags look weird. Now once the folds are done properly, they should be glued so that the paper sticks perfectly, before you move on to the next steps.
- Give some time for the glue to dry off. Flip the bag so that the glue side is located downwards. The orientation should be such that the open end should point towards you.
- Now the side crease should be folded precisely inwards, which would create an accordion effect.
- Then you can fold and put glue at the bottom of the bag so that the folds sit in place. To understand which one is the bottom, look at the crease line which you have created in the 3rd step. Once done, keep the bag flattened for the time being.
- Now is the time to pop your bag open. However, ensure that the bag is completely closed and there are no gaps, especially in the glued edges.
- Now add the handles by punching holes and adding decorations according to your preferences. Once that is done, you will be good to go.
Go through some customization options before you start creating your paper bag. These bags look so go that after decorating them with sparkles and other art supplies, you can even gift them to a friend. Concentration and precision are all that you need to create this bag successfully.