How many times has it been that you have complained to the mechanic about your car failing to start again and again. You have definitely doubted your battery a couple of times as well as the mechanic’s diagnosis of it.
A car’s battery is an overlooked item that is not cared for until it starts glitching. Also, because of the technology involved in some luxury class car batteries, it becomes difficult even for a mechanic to check it. So, rather than waiting for the car battery to glitch, you should get it industrially checked periodically to get a more certain review of its condition.
Here is a quick sum up of the benefits industrial battery testing
- You will know whether the battery is working according to its predictable life curve or not.This would give you an idea when you should start expecting some troubles with thebattery and be prepared for it.
- You will know exactly when to replace the battery and how much life it has left in it.
- Lastly, you will locate the faulty parts, connections and weak cells. You can replace any of the faulty parts rather than replacing the whole battery. This would save some cost and lengthen the life of the battery as well.
What does industrial battery testing involve?
Lucky for you, all you have to do is take your car to a certified repair shop and ask to get your battery tested. Battery testing is a simple procedure that measures how much energy the battery can store. This level determines the life curve or weather your battery is nearing its demise.
- The best way to test a battery is through a battery tester.You can even buy and use this
- tool yourself but it is always better to get an expert opinion.
- A digital tester is the best industrial battery testing device because they are calibrated accurately and can even access a completely discharged battery.
- The measurement is not only accurate but works on fault batteries as well.
- This allows you to get an accurate review of not only the battery capacity but also its
They are also quite easily available in the market and easy to use. They come with a set of detailed instructions about how to conduct the test.
Why do batteries fail?
It is also important to know why batteries fail in the first place. What is it that makes them discharged quickly or glitch?
Some of the failures are:-
- Grid corrosion
- Sediment build up
- Plate sulfation
Now what causes these failures is difficult to answer because it is natural for batteries to run out after working for a long time. The natural wear and tear leads to corrosion and the chemical process creates sediment. Other common problems include loss of water, especially in the hotter climates. This is an additional cause of failure. 50% of the batteries that discharge prematurely are because of water shortage. Grid corrosion occurs for natural causes after a battery has been charged and discharged over a long period of time.
We hope that you now know all there is to know about industrial battery testing. Knowing more about your car and its parts come handy in the long run and you don’t have to depend on others.
You are now more prepared and less likely to face problems.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.