Just like you plan all of your life’s major events ahead of time, it is essential that you preplan your funeral too. Now, we understand that death is an extremely emotional and sensitive subject, but increasing the hassles and financial burden on your loved ones during such hard times is the last thing you would want to do. When you prepay your funeral, you will take away on only the monetary burden but also the decision-making stress away from your family. You can also preplan things like funeral insurance and bonds, which will bring peace of mind.
Apart from these, there are several other benefits of availing of prepaid funerals mentioned as follows:-
- It will help you to avoid rising funeral costs. As time passes and with rising inflation, like any other services, the price of funerals would also increase. But when you opt for the prepaid services, the price of the whole ceremony at any given time would not increase. This means if you prepay for it today and die 20 years later, the price of the funeral would be the same as calculated at the time of prepayment.
- When you leave planning your funerals in the hands of your family members, the ceremony might not be done as you envisioned. With prepaid funerals, you will have the freedom of planning the memorial in a way that would celebrate your life.
- Many people face a lot of hardships and get burdened financially after paying for the funeral services of their loved ones. So to take the future stress off your family, you can opt for installment plans that would not break your budget. If you go for a funeral installment, you would not have to invest in funeral insurance.
- Getting life insurance is a costly affair. It also involves a lot of hassles- you would have to go through several health checks and be within a certain age limit. But prepaying your funeral services does not involve any such things. Even if you have issues covering the cost of the services at a time, you can always go for the installment plans.
- Unfortunately, most funeral homes run on a business model that takes advantage of grieving family members. But when you decide to pre-plan for the services, you would have enough time to do in-depth research on the funeral homes and settle for something that’s affordable and can meet your needs.
With all these benefits, it is a good decision to pre-plan your funeral and take the future stress off the shoulders of your loved ones. It is a financially wise thing to do and you will be able to plan this inevitable moment of your life according to your preferences.